Crisp Blue Paper Hydrangeas
These new DIY paper hydrangea flowers are the essence of magnificence. Hydrangeas are positively a favourite, particularly since cool crisp blues are one in every of my most beloved colours.
I really like how full and plush hydrangeas at all times look – as if they’re the flower that at all times has all of it collectively! In all honesty, I used to be dreading this craft for a very long time. Regardless that the strategy of creation may be very straight ahead, I knew it might take some persistence to assemble.
This previous month I’ve been in a backyard blooms mind-set. From new full bloom peonies to camellia roses, my studio has a blossoming view in the intervening time.
I’m persevering with to share my love for my newly discovered metallic cardstock paper. I first used it with my Anabelle traditional rose, then my magnolia leaf branches.
If metallic cardstock will not be your type you would completely use traditional cardstock. I like to recommend 50-65 pound weight for nearly all my flowers – though I’ve gone as much as 80 pound weight earlier than.
Here’s a full listing of my provides and assets that I used to create these charming beauties.
Provides for DIY Hydrangea Paper Flowers
- 50 lb textual content weight metallic cardstock. Discover some right here or right here.
- Glue gun
- 18 gauge wire
- Half foam ball ( I take advantage of a 5 inch ball right here however you may final select any dimension. You’ll simply want to chop roughly petals accordingly).
- Tissue paper (to cowl the froth ball)
- Corsage tape
- Cricut machine (Discover or Maker) OR use your scissors to chop by hand with the printable PDF information. New to Cricut? Be a part of my free Cricut workshop!
- Hydrangea template – Discover them right here or on Etsy.
- Non-obligatory: Paper Blooms Shaping Mat and Software Set – This can be a product I created particularly to assist with small paper flowers!
There are tons of flower templates each massive and small ready within the store however I even have a freebie vault! Need to see what’s contained in the freebie vault? I’ve received free flower templates, SVGs, printables and extra!
In case you are able to see tips on how to construct these beautiful DIY paper hydrangea flowers for your self seize your templates and scroll down to observe the complete step-by-step video tutorial!
You may simply select from the printable PDF information for individuals who want to hand reduce with scissors (though I HIGHLY suggest a reducing machine for this challenge) or you may add the SVG reduce file to your Cricut or Silhouette machine! (Curious if a Cricut machine is best for you? Click on right here to seek out out!)
Able to make these full bloom hydrangeas? Hit play on the video beneath!
DIY Paper Hydrangea Flowers: Video Tutorial
About Abbi Kirsten Collections
I’ve spent the final 9+ years constructing my inventive expertise and sharing them with others. My flower designs are created with simplicity, shade and artful enjoyable in thoughts. If you happen to haven’t but you’ll want to be a part of the subscriber group to achieve entry to all my freebies or go to my signature design store right here!
Need to be a part of my Fb group to share your crafts and be taught from the very best? Click on right here to request entry to my group, Crafters and Cricut Lovers.
For additional shade crafts and inspiration, be a part of me on Instagram & Fb.
Extra Crafts to Love
- DIY Paper Hydrangea Flowers: Templates and Tutorial
- DIY Fairy Home Craft: Paper Fairy Home Luminaries
- Paper Peony Flower Template: How one can Make Small Paper Peonies
- Engraving with Cricut Maker: How one can Heart Your Textual content and Add Fills for Bolder Engraving
- How one can Minimize Crepe Paper With the Cricut Maker
The submit DIY Paper Hydrangea Flowers: Templates and Tutorial appeared first on Abbi Kirsten Collections.