This protein-packed dessert could have all of your health club buddies lining up for a lunch date at your house this Christmas. We love this contemporary twist on the enduring basic, and we expect you’ll too. We present to you, the Coconut Pavlova Wreath.
Preparation Time: 20 minutes
Cooking Time: 1 hour 15 minutes
- four egg whites, at room temperature
- ¼ tsp McKenzie’s Cream of Tartar
- 1 cup caster sugar
- ½ cup McKenzie’s Moist Flakes Coconut
- 125g contemporary raspberries
- ½ lemon, juiced
- ¼ cup caster sugar, additional
- 250ml (1 cup) thickened cream, whipped
- 1 pomegranate, seeds eliminated
- ½ cup pistachios, chopped
- ½ cup McKenzie’s Shredded/Moist Coconut, additional
- Preheat oven to 130 levels celsius. Line a baking tray with baking paper and hint a circle utilizing a 22cm baking tin then flip the baking paper in order that the pencil faces down.
- In a bowl beat the egg whites and cream of tartar till comfortable peaks kind. Add the sugar just a few tablespoons at a time. Beat till stiff and shiny. Gently fold by the coconut utilizing a steel spoon.
- Spoon or pipe the meringue combination onto the marked baking paper to kind a wreath. Repeat with a second layer of meringue over the primary layer. Bake within the oven for 1 hour and 15 minutes. Flip off the oven and depart to chill fully with the oven door barely ajar.
- To make the coulis, mix the contemporary raspberries, lemon juice and sugar with a stick blender till easy.
- Whip thickened cream till stiff.
- To assemble, pipe or dollop the cream onto the pavlova. Drizzle over coulis and scatter with pomegranate seeds, chopped pistachios and coconut.
The publish Protein-packed coconut pavlova appeared first on Girls's Health.